Terms n Conditions
Come, let us take a dive through the terms and conditions governing the quiz
The term ‘TCF’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Tree Craze Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation whose registered office is 4A/6, Rajnarain Marg, Civil Lines, New Delhi – 110054 and owns the website that hosts the quiz. Our company registration number is U02005HR2014NPL053838. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer or visitor or the person/ institution participates in the Ganga quest hosted on our website.
Subject: The objective of Ganga Quest is to provide knowledge and assess the general awareness about Ganga, Rivers, and Environment
- The quiz consists of a multiple-choice questionnaire on the aforesaid topics.
- GangaQuest in any form does not encourage any religion, political party, any commercial product, etc. and does not intend to hurt the sentiments of any caste, creed, and religion.
Eligibility: Any Indian citizens who residing in the country and has attained the age of 10 years as on 31st March’2019 is eligible to participate in the contest. This condition will be verified at the time of award announcements and if someone found not eligible as per above condition, his/her candidature, irrespective of performance in the GangaQuest will be cancelled.
Conditions of participation: Any participant, meeting above eligibility criteria and willing to participate, must register themselves on the website with their valid Identification Document. We encourage registration through Aadhar Card but we will accept registration with Identification Document such as passport, birth certificate, school Identification document.
- Optional fields like school email id or phone number are necessary for validation of the students. If the optional details are not available at the time of registration, participant can re-enter from the dashboard at a later stage.
- NMCG/TCF reserves the right to conduct necessary checks in order to verify the identity, date of birth, postal address and/or e-mail address of the participants.
- The persons who have given incomplete or inaccurate personal and contact details shall be considered disqualified, as will be the persons who refuse that their personal details – which are mandatory for participation – be collected, kept and used.
- In case of entering any incorrect details or attempting multiple registrations, the participant runs into the risk of disqualification and hence this must avoided.
Terms of Participation: The quiz will be available from the 22nd April 2019 to the 22nd May 2019. The participant answers 10 questions in each of the three rounds and validates his or her participation by clicking on the final submit button, and by giving his or her personal information.
Results: The winners will be selected based on the time and accuracy of their answers in round 3. In case of a tie, the performance in round two (no. of attempts taken to qualify) will be taken into consideration. Further tie would be resolved through an automatic draw from the names of the participants who have realized a common score.
- All participants will be able to see the overall results of the quiz after the 30th of May on:
- --> GangaQuest.com/Results
- --> NMCG/Tree Craze Foundation website
- --> NMCG/ Tree Craze Foundation Facebookpage
- Name of top 3 scorers in eight categories will be published on the website after verification of details.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail/phone in order to invite them for the prize distribution ceremony. From the moment the winners are declared, the winners have 15 days to claim their prize.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for another prize or for its monetary value for any reason. This prize is strictly personal and cannot be given away. NMCG/TCF reserves the right to change the prize without prior notice. In this case, the value of the prize will be equal or superior to that of the original prize.
Compliance: Participation in the quiz implies that participants accept the integrity of these rules. The registration and the participation in GangaQuest also implies that user agrees to our terms and conditions. One shall not proceed with the registration and participation in GangaQuest if the user does not accept the terms and conditions outlined in this document. Non-compliance with the rules results in the automatic cancellation of the participation in the quiz and of the candidacy for the prize.
- Assumes no liability in case the internet network, phone lines, or any reception tool dysfunctions and prevents the effective functioning of the quiz. Moreover; its responsibility will not be engaged for problems related to the transport, reception or loss of mail or e-mail.
- Assumes no liability in case of technical, material or software malfunction or defect (virus, bug) affecting the participants’ computer system or computer equipment and data, and the related consequences on their professional, personal or commercial activity.
- Will be able to, at any point in time, notably for technical reasons or for updates and maintenance, interrupt access to its website and the quiz it contains. NMCG/TCF will in no case be responsible for these interruptions and their consequences. No compensation can be claimed on these grounds.
Since the quiz is online, it is therefore suggested that the participants must ensure accessibility to computer and Internet connectivity with a minimum speed of 512 KBPS.
Confidentiality: The data contained in the quiz is strictly covered by professional secrecy, and this also applies to all information communicated to NMCG/TCF during the quiz.
- NMCG/TCF commits to take all necessary protective measures in order to keep the information secure and notably to prevent their alteration, damage, or their being transmitted to unauthorized persons.
Support: At any point, if you face any issues, then please send the feedback through the feedback form on website or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to TCF, are acknowledged on the website. The explanation or facts provided with answers are taken from various sources mainly Wikipedia, WWF, IUCN, etc. Due to lack of space they are not acknowledged and any such missing references, if needed, can be properly acknowledged as and when needed.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- The winners of the quiz are strictly chosen based on their performance in Round 3 in terms of accuracy and time taken. Any dispute arising regarding choice of winners will not be entertained.
Competence: NMCG/TCF reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Quiz and/ or the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria. However, any change to the Terms & Conditions/ Technical Parameters/ Evaluation Criteria, or cancellation of the Contest, will be updated/ posted on the platform. The Terms & Conditions need to be accepted only under the guidance of a parent or guardian for a minor.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Delhi, India.